Thursday 6 September 2012

Benefit High Beam Review



Heavy Swatch

Blended Swatch
(although the camera is not doing this justice!)

When I saw this mini sample in Benefit magazine a while ago now, I knew I had to have it and I am kicking myself for not picking up the minis of 'Posietint' & 'Benetint' too but oh well. I love this highlighter, and since I have been using it I haven't used a powder one since! I do love powder highlights but I think powder products can look very unnatural and recently I have gone to nearly all cream products as I find it gives a beautiful and extremely natural look.

I like to apply this after I have applied my foundation, powder & concealer to add some radiance back into my face. What I love about this product is it doesn't look really glittery and adds a very nice glow. You won't look like a glitterball in harsh light either, you will just look very healthy. I find that this also photographs well and makes the skin look beautiful, so if you are someone who is infront of the camera a lot this is definitely a bonus.

What Benefit say:

'Our satiny pink liquid highlighter accents cheek & brow bones for a radiant glow. Use as a spot highlighter or delicately blend all over your complexion. Looks perfectly radiant on all skin tones. It's the "supermodel in a bottle"!'

What I say:

I agree that it definitely accents cheek & brow bones for a radiant glow and definitely helps with contouring, to get more of a contrast between the hollows of the cheek and the tops of the cheekbones. I think this would work on all skin tones, but I think it is more aimed at pale skin and sun beam or moon beam would be better alternatives for people with a darker skin tone. But overall I am in love with this product! I love the packaging and think it makes it super easy to apply, and being a nailpolishaholic makeup that looks like nail polish screams for me to love it.

Thanks for reading

What do you think of this product?







7 comments:

  1. I really love this as well, just sadly it doesn't stay on my face for long :(

    India www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    Benefit Cosmetics Giveaway #6 days left!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a shame :( even though I have oily skin this seems to stay on suprisingly well, maybe try setting it with a powder highlighter, or makeup setting spray?xx

      Delete
  2. Thankyou! I will definitely check that out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fab product ! x

    thisishearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I would definitely recommend it and it stays on my skin for ages!xx

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, it makes me smile! I will be sure to reply to all comments within 24 hours. Please feel free to leave your blog link, but not 'Follow for follow' because then I definitely won't follow you! Thanks :) x