Friday 21 June 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder




I have been wanting to try this powder for quite a while now, but I wanted to finish my 17 Shine Control Powder first, which I absolutely love! If you want to see a review of that powder click here , but when it was time to repurchase a powder I decided to give this one a go and I am really glad that I did.

I loved my 17 Shine Control Powder but my only issue with it was that it could start to look a little cakey, and when you applied it it gave extra coverage which I didn't always want. I picked up the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent for this reason. 

What Rimmel says about the powder: Up to 5 hours natural shine control with natural minerals. Helps minimise the appearance of pores.
This powder definitely lasts a long time, and although sometimes I like to repowder, the majority of the time this gets me through most of the time that I am out which is usually about 4/5 hours and then it is time to repowder. This powder also wears really well, it doesn't start to look cakey or patchy and wears off evenly which is great and makes it easier to touch up your makeup and get it back to looking as close as possible to how it did when you first applied it. 

Rimmel also has a fairly large range of shades for this powder so you are bound to find one that matches your skintone, they even do some very pale shades too which is great because sometimes powders can be quite orange from the drugstore. I am not sure what the coverage is like with these powders because I picked it up in 'Transparent'.

This retails at £3.99 which is so affordable and I have had it for just over a month and I have barely made a dent. When you first purchase this it is embossed with the Rimmel crown logo but this wears off after a couple of uses however I think this makes the product more classy, I love it when brands emboss their logos. Is that just me? The packaging is pretty sturdy plastic and doesn't feel cheap either, however it is definitely not the most classy powder compact on the market, although for me this doesn't matter. 

I really love this powder and I definitely think I will be repurchasing this when I have finished with it!

Thanks for reading

What are your powder recommendations?

Beaumaquillagex

10 comments:

  1. I love as well when there is a sign or something on the product as well. I just love seeing it disappear. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too :) It makes me feel like I am getting loads of use out of the product :D hehe x

      Delete
  2. I love this powder so much , I just repurchased mine! The complexion perfection from Rimmel is good but it will never replace my Stay Matte!

    Beth

    www.bethmayblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing isn' it? I can't believe I hadn't tried this before :D I haven't tried that one, although if this one is better I'll definitely stick to this one! Thanks :D x

      Delete
  3. I love this powder, dont think I would ever buy another powder haha I will probably use this one forever xx

    blogandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think I might be the shame! I am definitely converted to the hype :D x

      Delete
  4. I have this powder and love it! its great for the price!!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! it is super amazing :) I think I have definitely found my favourite powder! :) x

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, it makes me smile! I will be sure to reply to all comments within 24 hours. Please feel free to leave your blog link, but not 'Follow for follow' because then I definitely won't follow you! Thanks :) x