Monday 1 September 2014

L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipsticks | Review

Today I am reviewing a product that I have been obsessed with pretty much since they launched. They are these liquid lipsticks by L'Oreal. These are not the cheapest drugstore product on the market at £8.99 but currently L'Oreal has a buy one get one half price in Boots and I picked 3 of mine up on 3 for 2 which made them a little bit cheaper! I also believe that these are a Boots exclusive because I haven't seen them in any Superdrug stores.

The wand for these is kind of heart shaped and dips in which means that the applicator picks up a fair bit of a product which is brilliant because you don't have to double dip the wand and you get a nice even opaque finish to the lips.

These are not sticky at all and due to being a liquid lipstick these are extremely pigmented. They are beautiful for those of us(like me) who prefer high shine lipsticks or always apply a gloss over the top of lipsticks because they are a kind of 2 in 1 product. In addition if you have dry lips these don't emphasise this, but in fact hide it which is brilliant especially now that the weather is turning slightly colder!

As for the staying power, as to be expected from a slightly more glossy product it is not going to last you all day and you will need to touch these up, however the staying power is much better than that of a standard gloss! I find that without eating or drinking these will last for a good 3 hours and keep most of their shine. Now onto the lip swatches!







'Rose Melody'

This one is a beautiful light/medium wearable everyday pink.

'Rose Symphony'

One of the brighter colours L'Oreal offers this is a bright pinky/coral.

'Molto Mauve'

My personal favourite, this is a my lips but better colour and is going to be perfect for Autumn This is my go to colour at the moment!

'Nude Vibrato'

One of two nudes in the collection, this is much more peachy toned, whereas the other (nude ballet) is much more of a 'sandy nude.'

All in all there are 9 shades in this collection, some everyday shades, nudes and some brighter colours. There is a very vivid orange, 2 fuchsias and 2 reds as well in this collection, but personally I have chosen some of the more wearable colours down to personal preference!

I hope you've enjoyed this post!

Let me know if you've tried these,













8 comments:

  1. Ooh I especially love the nude shade!!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's such a gorgeous shade, because it's quite peachy which makes it more natural? xx

      Delete
  2. Those are all such pretty shades!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Molto Mauve too and adore it! :)
    Summer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty isn't it! and so wearable too! xx

      Delete
  4. Rose Melody looks gorgeous! :D

    I have one of these in Ruby Opera, use it all the time. ^_^

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rose melody! Ooh I'll have to swatch that, it sounds gorgeous! xx

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, it makes me smile! I will be sure to reply to all comments within 24 hours. Please feel free to leave your blog link, but not 'Follow for follow' because then I definitely won't follow you! Thanks :) x